Don Publications Limited Profile
Don Publications is a limited liability company duly registered under The Companies Act of 1963 (Act 197) with a primary objective to publish and distribute educational books and magazines.
Our task is to bridge the gap between the poor and the affluent through education by publishing and distributing affordable educational materials. We are taking advantage of the advancing technological innovations to improve and sustain our competitive edge over our competitors through product quality, product innovation, lower production cost and meeting customer satisfaction.
We have since the company’s inception in 2010, set for ourselves a mandate to publish and distribute excellent teaching and learning materials to suit the educational needs of pupils and students of all levels in Ghana and beyond our borders.
Don publication Ltd. is one of the leading publishing companies in Ghana and its books are the most preferred and sought after among students in Ghana. The Company has grown steadily over the years with a workforce of dedicated and hardworking employees who are highly motivated. The company has staff hierarchy of Manager (Finance and Administration), Stock manager, Marketing manager, Sales Executives, Secretary, Drivers and Security. The heads of the board of directors are Micheal Y Borbi (Lt Col.) and Emmanuel Y Attipoe.
- Publishing quality educational materials in accordance with revised syllabus to aid teaching and learning.
- Providing quality publishing, printing and marketing products and services at affordable prices.
- To be a world-class educational publisher in Africa and beyond.
- To become one of the prominent indigenous publishing and printing companies in Ghana and beyond.
- Promoting quality teaching and learning in schools in deprived communities by providing them with quality educational materials.
Core values (Strategic Focus and Pillars)
- We constantly work towards enhancing employee engagement
- We maintain a well-trained and incentivized workforce
- We promote employee collaboration and teamwork.
- We focus on, measure and manage customer experience
- We maintain customer-friendly processes and use technology where appropriate
- We serve our customers and do not relent in generating a superior customer experience.
We fulfill our commitment to all our stakeholders
- We act with honesty and honor without compromising the truth
- We maintain the highest standard of integrity
- We build and preserve trust in all our dealings.
- We preserve and grow capital investment in our company
- We focus on generating sustainable returns to all our stakeholders
- We conduct our business in a socially responsible manner.
Management profile and structure
The Chief Executive Officer
The founder and Chief Executive officer who set up this dynamic enterprise from scratch way back in 2010 and registered it 2014. He is the visionary behind setting up of the company. The company has experienced inhouse authors and a state-of-the-art facility situated at Kotobabi behind Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Company in Accra, with branches in Kumasi, Sunyani and Takoradi. The core business of the Company is to Publish and print quality textbooks, story books for Kindergarten, Primary, Junior and Senior High Schools.
The CEO is the highest-ranking executive in the company. He has the primary responsibilities of making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors (the board) and corporate The responsibilities and job description of the CEO include:
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, government entities, and the public.
- Leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy
- Creating and implementing the company or organization’s vision and mission
- Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company, including directors and managers.
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Ensuring that the company maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized.
- Setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and describable
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the company.
The Directors of the company are Wilson Osafo Apeanti (PhD) (Director and Internal auditor) and Ms Joana Klu, (The Executive Director and Administrator) of the company. Dr. Wilson Osafo Apeanti hold a PhD degree and Ms Joana Klu- holds a bachelors’ degree in pediatrician and human resource.
- The responsibilities of the directors include
- determining and implementing policies and making decisions.
- calling meetings, including an annual meeting of shareholders.
- maintaining and keeping records
- binding the company to contracts with suppliers, lenders and others dealing with the company.
- objectively assess a company’s business processes.
- assess the company’s risks and the efficacy of its risk management efforts.
- ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes.
- evaluate internal control and make recommendations on how to improve.
The managers of the company are Mr. Collins Agbo (Manager), Samuel Tettey (Stock Manager), David Nyriba Lightfield (Marketing Manager) and Rosina Attakumah (Assistant Marketing Manager). Mr. Collins Agbo holds Master Degree Admin in HR, from University of Professional studies Madina. Mr. David Nyriba Lightfield holds HND in Marketing from Accra Technical University & Ms. Rosina Attakumah hold BSc Marketing from GIMPA.
- Engaging, training and supervising other staff with the approval of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Preparing monthly and annual financial and operational reports and presenting them at Board meetings.
- Researching and developing new businesses within and beyond the publishing business within one year.
- Move the book keeping from manual to digital.
- Proposing cost efficient strategies of managing the company to the Board of Directors.
- Ensuring the payment of all statutory obligations to promote smooth and sustainable operations.
- Prepare memos and proposals and defend them on behalf of the board of directors.
- Developing strong financial and human resource management practices and enforcing them.
Ensuring the profitability of the company through bargaining cost-effective contracts.
- Performing any other duty assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
The company has ten sales executives and a secretary. Their names are withheld.
The following are responsibilities of the sales executives:
- Builds business by identifying and selling products to customers; maintaining relationships with customers.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying customers, researching and analyzing sales options.
Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Follow up on sales of product and provide support for customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related sales results.